Blog

If you have ever been in a car accident and you have been injured one of your first thoughts and concerns are who is going to pay for my medical bills? New York is a no- fault state and the basic premise goes something like this. It doesn’t matter who is at fault for the accident, the vehicle that you are in at the time of the accident covers your medical bills up to $50,000 per accident. In addition, the insurance for the vehicle you are in covers your lost wages up to 80% of what you were making up to a maximum of $2,000 per month. In theory, the other 20 percent of wages is covered under New York’s law providing short term disability benefits. If...

Typically when you obtain insurance coverage you are concerned with obtaining Coverage to protect your vehicle and to protect your assets in case you are sued.  An often overlooked Coverage and one that anyone driving a motor vehicle must focus on is SUM coverage which stands for Supplemental Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance coverage.  This type of coverage protects you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured or underinsured. Uninsured motorist coverage protects you and your passengers if you are hit by a vehicle that does not have insurance or flees the scene of the accident.  When you purchase insurance you automatically have uninsured motorist coverage in the amount o$25,000 per person and a...